The continued success of the company, widening market and new services have created the requirement to add an organised, proactive and driven Account Manager to our team.
Flexitricity optimises flexible energy assets, trading them in wholesale markets and providing short-notice response and reserve electricity which is cheaper and greener than conventional power stations. Flexitricity plays a key role in the renewable revolution as we strive toward net zero.
Flexitricity pioneered aggregated demand-side response (DSR) for electricity system balancing, and continues to lead this sector in volume, technical capability and innovation. Flexitricity provides route to market services for generators, energy storage sites, and flexible commercial, industrial and domestic energy users. Further opportunity for flexing electrical load is being presented by the electrification of heat and transport.
Flexitricity is a licenced electricity and gas supplier and trades its flexible portfolio of assets in wholesale energy markets and the Balancing Mechanism. It also make flexible capacity available to National Grid and Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) for periods of stress in electricity systems. Participating assets are owned by third-party companies who partner with Flexitricity to earn revenue from their flexibility.
Flexitricity is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners. We are passionate and committed to sustainable and responsible business practice across all aspects of environment, social and governance, including delivering equal opportunities and an inclusive workplace. For more information on our ESG policies, you can visit the dedicated ESG section of our website.
Merchant energy storage and power generation, district heating, horticulture, food & drink, e-mobility, logistics, domestic, cold storage, banking, data, chemicals, manufacturing, recycling, water, healthcare, local government, education, retail, media.
Flexitricity is currently focused on the GB market only.
About the role
Flexitricity operates in real-time energy markets, delivering flexible electricity capacity at optimised prices to National Grid, DNOs and other market participants. Our job is to earn the best return for our customers using the flexible capacity they have available at the time.
As internal promotion and the continued success of the company, widening market and new services have created the requirement to add an Account Manager to our team. Working within our Commercial Team and reporting to the Head of Account Management, you will be responsible for managing a number of Energy Partner relationships. You will be their primary contact within Flexitricity, will be tasked with improving organic growth within these accounts and will have responsibility for managing and developing the business relationship.
A key part of the role is internal project management, working with teams across the business to ensure timescales are met when onboarding new assets as well as when managing Energy Partner queries. This includes working with the wider Commercial Team (which includes Supply & Balancing Services, Data Science and Trading), Engineering, IT, Finance and Operations.
You will need to understand energy sector strategies and legislation that directly or indirectly impact on Flexitricity’s service provision. You will contribute to and lead internal and external performance reviews focusing on improvement opportunities that will help achieve organic growth targets. You will also support the Business Development team with sales related activity, helping to manage and develop new sales opportunities.
Full training will be provided, but an understanding of Flexitricity’s sector and the factors influencing its development will be required. An existing professional network in some of the above areas will also be beneficial.
Flexitricity is recognised as the premium provider in its sector and you will be expected to uphold this brand position by how you engage with our Energy Partners and the wider market.
Core duties will include:
· Overall responsibility for assigned Energy Partners, including all aspects of communication, service and support;
· Contribute to and lead asset performance reviews internally and externally;
· Work with Flexitricity’s Trading, Operations and Balancing Services Teams to maximise commercial returns from Energy Partners’ electrical flexibility;
· Introduce new market or product opportunities to existing portfolio of Energy Partners;
· Work alongside Business Development team to proactively seek new sales opportunities and be responsible for building your own sales pipeline;
· Project manage the onboarding of new sites through to live operation;
· Champion Energy Partner issues internally, identifying areas of risk and develop methods of streamlining existing processes;
· Management of Energy Partner contracts and renewals;
· Writing financial reports and tender submissions;
· Ability to understand technical information and articulate this (internally and externally) in a succinct manner;
· Helping the business understand and influence regulatory and policy matters;
· Acting as an ambassador and role model for the Flexitricity brand; and
· Achieving targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
The Account Manager will sit in the Commercial Team and will report to the Head of Account Management.
This role requires an enthusiastic, organised, proactive and driven Account Manager with the following:
· At least two years’ account management experience within the energy sector;
· An understanding of Flexitricity’s sector and the factors influencing its development;
· Knowledge of energy markets and regulatory changes that affect Flexitricity’s Energy Partners;
· An ability to grasp technical concepts (experience working in a technical role would be beneficial);
· Good business acumen;
· The ability to inspire and motivate others;
· Initiative and enthusiasm;
· Demonstrate capacity to work within a wider team as well as autonomously;
· Excellent communication and people skills;
· Good planning and organisational abilities;
· Can work calmly under pressure;
· Good academic skills, including report and budget writing;
· Competent IT capabilities, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook; and
· A full UK driving licence.
Detailed energy market knowledge in gas and electricity markets and experience of Salesforce CRM (or similar platform) would be beneficial.
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence and we offer a competitive salary with quarterly commission structure and comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic industry-leading business.
Location and people
Flexitricity supports flexible and remote working, although due to the nature of the role it would be useful for the Account Manager to spend some time each week in Flexitricity’s office in central Edinburgh. Some time will be spent visiting prospects, clients, partners and other market stakeholders around GB. On occasions you will need to attend conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions.
The business is based in Edinburgh and occupies a superb office space overlooking Edinburgh Castle. The team is expert and dedicated to commercially optimising flexibility, and positively contributing to the decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitisation of Britain’s power system.
102 West Port
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter highlighting your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Get in touch today
Book a call with one of our energy market specialists to find out if you can participate and how much your site could earn.0131 221 8100